As editor of OLPC News, you would think I have some secret reservoir of Give One Get One shipping knowledge, or have my XO laptop already. If only!
What I do know, I learn from your scattered comments on OLPC News and the USA XO Shipping Forum. Here's a distillation of what I've learned so far:
- XO's are coming from Brightstar in Libertyville Il.
- There isn't any order / shipment / location relationship. Week 2 people are getting laptops already
- They are using FedEx Ground to ship laptops nationwide
- Sorry, no XO's in Canada yet.
- You can call FedEx Ground to see if your XO is en route
- If it is, I suggest being ready with a big-ass sign
- And then be quick to get your XO lest it become G1G0.