Now you may not have noticed it, but One Laptop Per Child has fully spit in two per their "refocusing program". We now have a defined OLPC Foundation and OLPC Association. In the process, we've lost Chuck Kane, who is now the former president and COO of One Laptop per Child.
So for those keeping score, here's the new OLPC Organization Chart:
- OLPC Foundation to stimulate local grassroots initiatives designed to enhance and sustain over time the effectiveness of laptops as learning tools for children living in lesser-developed countries:
- Nicholas Negroponte, Chairman
- Robert Fadel, VP International Operations
- Edward McNierney, Chief Technology Officer
- John Watlington, VP Hardware Development
- Matt Keller, Director for Global Advocacy
- OLPC Association to empower the children of developing countries to learn by providing one connected laptop to every school-age child.
- Rodrigo Arboleda H. Chairman and CEO
- Robert Hacker, Chief Financial Officer
- David Cavallo, VP of Learning
- Antonio Battro, Chief Education Officer
- OLPC Regional Leads who may be part of etheir organization, or all on their own (I can't tell which)
- Habib Khan, Director of Education for South and Central Asia
- Anthony Wong, S.B.S., J.P., President, China and South East Asia
- Satish Jha, President and CEO, OLPC India
- Walter De Brouwer, President and CEO, OLPC Europe
Now the question left to ask is: Any changes to staff below the senior level?