We may all be hoping for a Green Christmas, but by the looks of the G1G1 shipping lottery, not everyone will have an XO laptop under their tree by December 25.
Before you curse OLPC, remember that they are focused on children in the developing world. You should be focused on being a good American consumer, and I'm here to help. I've just complied the OLPC News Christmas list for XO laptop lovers on Amazon.com featuring the thought leaders of One Laptop Per Child:
- Being Digital - Negroponte's breakthrough work on the history and future of technology
- OLPC on 60 Minutes - a must-have for every OLPC-loving geek if only to see Craig Barrett squirm.
- I ♥ Nicholas Negroponte - you know I will be wearing this T-shirt with pride come summer. (my favorite!)
- Mindstorms - the book that started the computer revolution in school education
- Chilren's Machine - the basis for the XO, a stimulating case for computers as a primary route to knowledge
- Connected Family - a guide for parents looking for constructive strategies to educate their children
Now, you might be one of the Give One Get One lucky ones who is already creating Starbucks envy in your neighbourhood. If so, then check out the OLPC News XO Laptop Accessories Forum for more stocking-stuffer ideas.
Last but not least, you could really be anti-OLPC, or just be different. In that case, here's two options that are free of all this philanthropic holiday cheer: