Are you excited that XO Software Release 8.2.0, developed by OLPC engineers and the OLPC open source community, is now ready for you? I know I am. So much, I've already upgraded one of my XO's.
If you too would like Release 8.2.0, the G1G1x2 platform, then get yourself to one of two Release 8.2.0 Upgrade Parties:
- On Thursday, October 16th, we'll have an adult OLPC News Happy Hour at the Looking Glass Lounge in Washington DC.
- On Saturday, October 18th, we'll have a kid-friendly OLPC Learning Club DC upgrade party at Nortel Networks.
- A updated Home view and Journal with new options for finding and organizing activities.
- An enhanced Frame for collaborating with other XOs, switching between running activities and accessing external USB sticks.
- A graphical Control Panel for setting language, network, and power preferences.
- An automated Software Update tool which finds the latest version of activities and updates them over the Internet.
- Integration with the School Server for backup of XOs and restore of files to the Journal as needed.
- New and updated translations for many languages.
- A new user manual shipped with the XO as an activity.
- Hundreds of bug fixes.