Presenting Fedora 11 for XO-1 build 140py, built by some OLPC people in Paraguay. All in all, this is truly awesome.
The build includes:
- Working suspend/resume, all devices resume flawlessly
- No regressions *relative to build 802!*
- Camera works in Sugar, Record, etc.
- GNOME desktop included, easy to switch to and from. Suspend/resume in Gnome works, NetworkManager, etc.
- Sugar 0.84, see the Sugarlabs wiki for more info
- Wifi networks autoconnect almost instantly (including WPA networks!)
- Boots faster!
- Comes with some new firmware, though I see no differences.
- Auto-suspend and resume is much faster, happening about every 20 seconds from what I see.
- Supports GSM modems, allowing cellular internet connections. (Thanks, mavrothal, for the tipoff!)
- Mouse seems to be jumpier. Is it not auto-calibrating?
- Automatic suspend/resume dims the backlight ABSOLUTELY. That is, it changes it to 80 percent of FULL before suspend, and full afterwards.
Tips and Warnings:
- Security must be disabled! (Type "disable-security" in OpenFirmware).
- Failure to boot the first time has been reported, though I did not experience it. Your mileage may vary.
- Like all OS upgrades that use the "copy-nand" command, this will OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING NAND CONTENTS WITH NO WARNING. This will only happen when you install the image.
- The "fs.zip" is a deployment signature and will only work for official Paraguayan laptops. Use the os140py.crc file instead.
For more information & download link, see: Best XO OS Image Ever on the OLPC News Forum