Tom Hoffman has set up a virtual machine for load testing and as Rick Evans explains, its amazingly simple to jump in:
- Go to the terminal window.
- sugar-control-panel -g jabber will display your current setting.
- sugar-control-panel -s jabber xochat.org will change to the public server.
- Reboot Sugar with CTRL-ALT-ERASE
- Open up chat (or another activity)
- Go to the neighbourhood view and invite another XO user
- Go back to chat and wait for them to appear
- If the other XO user is looking at their "Home view", they'll see a colored chat icon
- When they click on it they'll join the chat session
You can repeat this process with other activities too. I shared X0 photos with Rick Evans, Argotnaut, and RodFather yesterday afternoon. We even did a video share by making XO videos we could all see.
Now its your turn to explore the full G1G1 community. And remember, if you have problems, just ask for XO laptop help. on the forum.